วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 20 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2551

Diary of a Tall Fashionista - Large Shoe Size, Great Shoe Buys

I could write a novel about the many styles, designs, trends, shapes, colors, textiles, genus, species, and families of shoes...

Diary of a Tall Fashionista
Large Shoe Size, Great Shoe Buys


My only solace that summer is over is that fall has come. And with it, ubiquitous fashion magazines boasting the season's must haves, gotta haves, wish you had. While I generally pore over such magazines, I'm especially voracious for the shoe section. If jeans are my first love, shoes are a very close second. I won't even admit to how many pairs I own, partly because I lost count quite some time ago. Due to my collection ("collection" sound so much nicer than "obsession" doesn't it?!) I am always eager to read what the "experts" are saying about shoe trends and how to apply them to long legs, and let's face it- big feet. Typically I write very favorably about our good fortune in the height department. But let's be honest. Sometimes the price we pay is looking longingly at the size 8 section while cursing our genes, or if we are freaks of the family as I am, just cursing in general. But just because we have big feet, ahem...non petite feet, doesn't mean we can't enjoy the season's hottest trends. I could write a novel about the many styles, designs, trends, shapes, colors, textiles, genus, species, and families of shoes. And though it would be fascinating, I'll spare you the delightful details. I'll just talk about a few of my favorite styles. Now this one may be disputable, but my absolute favorite fall staple is a pair of warm, cozy, and comfortable Uggs. I'm aware that every fall, some fashion columnist deems Uggs "out." Yet, I argue that this trend has staying power. People are still splurging on the real thing, or buying every kind of knock off known to man. So apparently their appeal has yet to wane. Next is the riding boot phenomenon. Who knew equestrian wear could be so fun? Like Uggs, I suspect there will be those who label these "so last season," but again I beg to differ. Casual boots of all styles are a staple for your fall wardrobe. What I appreciate most about both Uggs and riding boots are that they look great on long legs and big feet. Most women might avoid cutting the line of their legs nearly in half but we have a few inches to spare. Both of these styles also typically come in flats and large sizes. Another flattering trend for tall women is ballet flats which are showing up all over the place in fall textures like tweed, patent leather, and faux animal skins. I won't lecture those of you who do not wear heels; I understand the temptation to avoid all the unoriginal comments about already being tall enough, not "needing" heels, the air up there, yada yada yada. Regardless, I am six feet tall and I refuse to give up heels. Um, does the word "glamazon" mean anything to you?! For those of you who are a slightly bolder and like not only a high heel, but unexpected details, you will be pleased to find that of bows, jewels, peep-toes, updated oxfords, and retro shapes. To make your foot appear smaller try round toes, the recent "cap toe" trend, with the toe in a different color than the rest of the shoe (the caveat is these heels are typically higher), color blocks, and banded flats or Mary Jane's. These styles break the foot into smaller parts and trick the eye. No ladies, there are no Spanx for feet. I googled it. All advice aside, if you are obsessively self conscious about your feet...they will appear bigger (terribly silly pun intended). So the balance is to wear trends that flatter, but not focus on the negative. While I have a weakness for fashionable trends, I refuse to be enslaved by them. There are a variety of options in terms of large sizes, styles and trends, so shop around until you find the perfect pair (ok, let's be realistic- the perfect pairs) for fall. Tiffany DeLangie, a tall fashionista loves all things fashion, including writing about tall fashion for Tall Clothing Mall http://www.tallclothingmall.com a website for tall women and tall men looking for current trends in tall sizes. Visit the tall shoes page to find lots of great styles at http://www.tallclothingmall.com/womensshoetrends.html By Tiffany Delangie Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: